RoHS is the abbreviation of Restriction of Hazardous Substance. It is implemented according to EU Directive 2002/95/EC, which was replaced by Directive 2011/65/EU (referred to as RoHS Directive) in 2011. RoHS was incorporated into the CE Directive in 2021, which means if your product is under RoHS and you need to paste the CE logo on your product, then your product must meet the requirements of RoHS.
Electrical and Electronic Equipment Applied to Rohs:
RoHS is applicable to electrical and electronic equipment with AC voltage not exceeding 1000 V or DC voltage not exceeding 1500 V, such as:
1. Large household appliances
2. Small household appliances
3. Information technology and communication equipment
4. Consumer equipment and photovoltaic panels
5. Lighting equipment
6. Electrical and electronic tools (except large stationary industrial tools)
7. Toys, leisure and sports equipment
8. Medical devices (except all implanted and infected products)
9. Monitoring devices
10. Vending machines
How to Apply:
To better implement the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS 2.0 – Directive 2011/65/EC), before products enter the EU market, importers or distributors are required to control the incoming materials from their suppliers, and suppliers are required to do EHS declarations in their management systems. The application process is as follows:
1. Review product structure by using the physical product, specification, BOM or other materials that can show its structure;
2. Clarify different parts of the product and each part shall be made of homogeneous materials;
3. Provide RoHS report and MSDS of each part from the third party inspection;
4. The agency shall check whether the reports provided by client are qualified;
5. Fill in information of products and components online.
Notice: If you have any demands on product registration, please feel free to contact us.
Based on our own resources and capabilities, MCM constantly improves our own capabilities and optimizes our service. We provide clients with more comprehensive services, and help our clients to complete product certification & testing and enter the target market easily and quickly.