Over 45% of Global Construction Spending from Asia Pacific Countries by 2027 - Exclusive Report by Mordor Intelligence
Crude Steel Market Overview
The Crude Steel Market was valued at over USD 1,340,036.18 million in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.56%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period (2022-2027). In 2021 the demand for crude steel has increased due to an increase in demand in various industries such as Construction, Tools and Machinery, Energy, Transportation, and others. According to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), in 2021, around 80.15 million vehicles were produced across the globe, witnessing a growth rate of 3% compared to ~77.71 million vehicles in 2020, thereby, enhanced the consumption of crude steel from the manufacturing of different automotive parts.
According to the United Nations (UN), around 50% of the global population resides in urban cities, which is projected to touch 60%, by 2030. The pace of economic and demographic growth must be in harmony with the demand for commercial, residential, and institutional construction activities. By 2030, around 40% of the global population is likely to need housing at the rate of over 96,150 houses per day. Hence, with the growth of the residential sector, the use of steel is likely to increase.
Download a free sample here – Crude Steel Market
Crude Steel Market - Geographical Overview
- The construction industry in Asia-Pacific is expected to become the largest and fastest-growing industry across the world, with approximately a 45% share of global construction spending coming from the region.
- According to China’s Five-Year Plan unveiled in January 2022, the construction industry in the country is estimated to register a growth rate of 6% in 2022. China is planning to increase the construction of prefabricated buildings to reduce pollution and waste from construction sites. The prefabricated parts, which are either partially or wholly manufactured and then transported to the construction sites for assembly, may account for over 30% of the new construction in the country.
- China is the largest producer of crude steel globally. According to the World Steel Association, in 2021, China accounted for more than 50% of global production. In 2021, the country's annual production capacity of crude steel stood at 1,032.8 million tons, declining by 3% compared to 1064.7 million tons produced in 2020.
- Furthermore, in the first quarter of 2022, crude steel production declined by 10.5% to 243.4 million tons, whereas 88.3 million tons were produced in March alone.
- According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), China is the largest producer of automobiles, accounting for about 32.5% of the global volume. The country alone produced 2,60,82,220-unit vehicles in 2021, registering an increase of 3% compared to 25,225,242 units in 2020.
Check our other latest research on –
- Coated Steel Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
- Steel Rebar Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
Recent Developments in the Crude Steel Market
- In April 2022, China Baowu Steel Group announced the acquisition of Xinyu Iron & Steel Co (XISCO), a state-owned steel manufacturer in Jiangxi province, China, with the transfer of 51% of the shares. This acquisition will enhance Baowu’s overall production capacity of steel as XISCO is the largest steel manufacturer in Jiangxi Province, with a total output of around 9.89 million tons in 2020.
- In January 2022, Tata Steel Ltd.'s crude steel production increased by 16% year-on-year (YoY) to 14.16 million tons at the end of the third quarter on 31st December 2021, also its total deliveries increased by 4% at 13 MT Y-o-Y on the back of continued economic recovery.
Related Research and Links
- Metal Finishing Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
- Rare Earth Elements Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
List of Key Players in the Crude Steel Market
- China Ansteel Group Corporation Limited
- China BaoWu Steel Group Corporation Limited
- China Steel Corporation (CSC)
- Fangda Special Steel Technology Co., Ltd
- HBIS GROUP
- Hyundai Steel
- JFE Steel Corporation
- NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION
- NLMK (novelipetsk steel)
- Nucor Corporation
- RIZHAO STEEL HOLDING GROUP CO., LTD.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- SHAGANG GROUP Inc.
- Tata Steel Limited
- United States Steel Corporation
- Techint Group
- Hunan Valin Iron And Steel Group Co. Ltd
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the Crude Steel Market based on composition, manufacturing process, end-user industry, and geography:
- Composition (Market Size & Forecast based on volume (million tons) and revenue (USD million), 2017-2027)
- Killed Steel
- Semi-Killed Steel
- Other Compositions
- Manufacturing Process (Market Size & Forecast based on volume (million tons) and revenue (USD million), 2017-2027)
- Basic Oxygen Furnace (BOF)
- Electric Arc Furnace (EAF)
- End-user Industry (Market Size & Forecast based on volume (million tons) and revenue (USD million), 2017-2027)
- Building and Construction
- Tools and Machinery
- Consumer Goods
- Other End-user Industries
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on volume (million tons) and revenue (USD million), 2017-2027)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle-East and Africa
- North America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Sai Teja
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008