What can people do to energize China’s state-of-the-art ceramic industry with digital technology in an era which digital economy reigns? Today on behalf of Jingdezhen, the thousand-years-old cradle of porcelain, we hereby kick off the First Jingdezhen Global Digital Ceramic Design Contest (“Contest”) to invite digital ceramic designs from the globe in hopes that you’ll join us in digitally publicizing ceramic art as one of China’s greatest traditional cultural prides. We want the world to know about China through ceramics.
Jingdezhen Kicks off the First Jingdezhen Global Digital Ceramic Design Contest
The First Jingdezhen Global Digital Ceramic Design Contest (“Contest”) is a competition organized by Jingdezhen National Ceramic Culture Inheritance and Innovation Experimental Zone, supported by Jingdezhen Municipal Bureau of Culture, Broadcasting, Television, Press, Publication and Tourism, sponsored by Jingdezhen Ceramic Culture Inheritance and Innovation Center, and cosponsored by Beijing Cidian Ceramic Cultural Dissemination Co., Ltd. As one of the significant components of the Jingdezhen International Ceramics Fair 2022 and themed with digital enablement of innovation in the ceramic culture and industry, the Contest intends to maximize the potential of China’s digital cultural economy, globalize the Chinese culture and wisdom, and tell stories about China and its ceramics.
Jingdezhen, the Thousand-years-old Cradle of Ceramics, Invites Digital Ceramic Designs Globally
Porcelain is the first commodity ever traded globally. It is a part of the Chinese culture, a world-recognized “language” and also China’s most global vehicle for cultural exchange. Jingdezhen, the thousand-years-old cradle of ceramics, used to be where kilns manufactured orders from Chinese royal houses, hence the concentration of world-leading materials, processes and workmanship, which contributed to the most brilliant stretch of the history of Chinese ceramics
The trending digital economy as well as the further development and application of high technologies, e.g. the blockchain and the metaverse, has introduced digital collections as a new trend in traditional culture digitization. As one of the most important events during the Jingdezhen International Ceramics Fair, the Contest lasts from August to November, 2022 and welcomes imaginative and creative artists, personalities, stars, authoritative connoisseurs and collectors from the world to submit excellent digital ceramic designs of a collectible value. The participants will compete for the “Global Digital Ceramic Design Top 10 Prizes” and the “Global Digital Ceramic Design Top 10 Prizes in Creativity”. The contest is expected to employ digital technology to inject energy and vitality into the ceramics industry and the city noted as a thousand-years-old cradle of ceramics.
Notice of Global Solicitation of Digital Ceramic Designs
Contest: The First Jingdezhen Global Digital Ceramic Design Contest
Organizer: Jingdezhen National Ceramic Culture Inheritance and Innovation Experimental Zone
Sponsor: Jingdezhen Ceramic Culture Inheritance and Innovation Center
Supporter: Jingdezhen Municipal Bureau of Culture, Broadcasting, Television, Press, Publication and Tourism
Cosponsor: Beijing Cidian Ceramic Cultural Dissemination Co., Ltd.
Duration: From this day to Sept. 19, 2022
1. Your design must be a ceramic work crafted to give importance to the ceramic culture, the beauty of ceramics and its related stories.
2. Your design must be a creative one, with a positive value orientation. It shall promote no such content as pornography, violence, terrorism, other illegal contents or ads.
Global Digital Ceramic Design Top 10 Prizes
Global Digital Ceramic Design Top 10 Prizes in Creativity
How to Enter:
Please send your work in the form of a very large attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org(Email) and use the title “My Design for the First Jingdezhen Global Digital Ceramic Design Contest”.
1. The Organizers have the sole right to use all the submitted designs for any purpose, including, without limitation, the promotion of the Contest through online media, print media, photography shows and outdoor media.
2. The design you submit must be your original idea and must not constitute any infringement of the intellectual property right of any third party, otherwise you must assume liability for your infringements and violations of law.
3. By entering for the Contest, any entity or individual shall be deemed to have committed to comply with these requirements.
4. The Organizers shall reserve the right of final interpretation of the Contest.
Company Name: Jingdezhen Ceramic Culture Inheritance and Innovation Center
Contact Person: Sarah
Email: Send Email